So you are ready to include content as part of your marketing. Now what?
How do you implement content marketing for your business?
What should you look out for?
How do you set your content strategy?
Who should create and distribute the content?
Can these be automated or can you outsource this?
In Part 4 of a 4-part series done in collaboration with BFM Radio, we will look at the nuts and bolts of implementing practical content marketing.
Part 4 of 4: How To Implement Practical Content Marketing
1. I’m ready to implement content marketing, what should I do?
- Objectives, goals and strategies of implementing content marketing
- The content audit
2. The Content Audit
- A snapshot of how things are now
- Review the business website
- Check content attributes for freshness and share-worthiness
3. The Plan
- What’s the most suitable channel(s) to use for you
- Put in supporting structures (to ensure plan is carried out)
- And accountability
- Consider having an editorial calendar
4. The Content Creators
- The In-house vs an outsourced team debate
- Tips for working with content creators
- And content marketers
- A little bit about automation
5. The Kick Off
- Content marketing is different from running a campaign
- It’s the marathon
- And you are building assets
6. Checks, Test and Modifications
- Note the results over time
- Tweak and test
- Rinse and repeat
And here’s the audio interview. What I’ve learned about content marketing I learned from Copyblogger Media. They provide a ton of free and highly valuable resources via poadcast and text format. If you are interested to accelerate your business growth, they also offer stringent certification courses.
Grab pen and paper as we discussed a whole lot in this session and yet there are so much more to talk about! Now when you are ready, just press play.
Have I missed out anything? I feel like there’s still so much more I need to share but we’ve run our of time! Join me in the discussion on Google Plus or leave me a comment below!
Be sure to check out other free resources on Content Marketing here. And if you have missed the earlier sessions, you can find them here:
Part 3 of 4: Content as Ambassadors, helping us build Trust and Authority
Part 2 of 4: What Does It Take for Content Marketing to Work?
Part 1 of 4: What is Content Marketing and Why Now?
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Leave a Reply